.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Clean Eating Spaghetti and Meatball Recipe - Kid Approved

Healthy, Clean, Quick Kid Approved Spaghetti Recipe


Last night I made the family Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs and added in a little veggie twist. The girls loved it and ate up every bite. This meal was quick, simple, and healthy. 

I don't make my girls different meals than what I eat, they eat what I eat or don't eat at all. To me it's important for my girls ti know the difference between what's healthy and what's a treat. I quiz them on what foods are healthy. I am ending the trend of obesity at a young age. Of course I let them have their treats and we have pizza and ice-cream nights but that's a treat. Their health is important to me and your kids health should be important to you too. I dare you to try this recipe and see what your kids think. If they are turned off by the veggies in the sauce then blend it up. Guarantee they won't even taste them. 

Ingredients: 
100% Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles
2 Cans of Organic Plain Tomato Sauce 
1 Zucchini
2 Whole Carrots
1 Container of Lean Ground Turkey
Italian Seasoning 
Garlic Powder 
Pepper 
1/4 cup oats 


Directions: 

Fill a pot full of water 
Bring to a boil
Place in Noodles 
Drizzle in a little bit of Olive Oil 

Boil and cook until soft 

While the noodles are cooking
Put your Ground Turkey in a bowl 
Mix in seasonings and oats 

Make into meatballs and place in greased warm pan

Let cook for a few mins and the turn over meat balls

While the meat balls are cooking slowly chop up your zucchini into small pieces and your carrots 

Turn down heat on meatballs and pour in cans of sauce. Add in veggies. 

Toss in some more garlic powder and Italian seasonings in the sauce and cover for about 15 -20 mins on low. 

Turn off heat on noodles, drain, and serve!! 

ENJOY! 

I know my kids LOVED this meal!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment