.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

How to Avoid the Holiday Treats





SERIOUSLY ... everywhere I go are Holiday Treats staring me straight in the face. Now I do enjoy a few extra special treats this time of year but I don't want to gain 10 lbs and a sugar hang over every weekend. I feel like crud when I overload on the sugar. Many times when others are eating cookies and cake I simply just say, No. It did take some time to earn my will power but I will say one thing that has been my saving grace is Shakeology. If you know me - You know that Shakeology is what cubs my  cravings and keeps me in check. Not only that but it taste AMAZING and I don't have to feel guilty about it. It gives me my boost of energy. I know most of you are thinking nothing can replace Grandma's cookies but I promise give it a try you will be so surprised. It's the best health shake I've ever tried. Who would of known it has over 70 super foods and that includes a shot of wheat grass. Have you tasted WheatGrass ... GAG! Some how they make it taste amazing ... Like a dream come true.


Here are some of my favorite Holiday Shakeology Recipes for you to enjoy. 


S'Mores 

1 Scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1 Cup Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, or Water
Ice to Taste
Topping - 2 slivers of Graham Cracker and 2 tbsp of Marshmallow Fluff 


Malted Peanut Butter Cup

1 Scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1 Cup Skim Milk (or nut/soy milk) 
2 tbsp of PB2
2 tbsp of Malted Powder 
Ice to Taste 



Chocolate Cake Batter

1 Scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1 Cup Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, or Water
1/2 Pkg of Sugar Free Jello Cheesecake Pudding Mix
Ice to Taste


Chocolate Pistachio 

1 Cup of Chocolate Shakeology 
1 Cup of Almond Milk 
1/4 pkg Sugar Free Jello Pistachio Pudding Mix
Ice to Taste



Frozen Mocha 

1 Scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1 Cup Almond Milk
1 Tbsp of Instant Coffee
Ice to Taste



Shakeology Cinnamon Roll

1 Scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1 Cup of Ice
1 Cup of Skim Milk (almond or soy milk)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 
Blend & Enjoy






So ... What is Shakeology!?!? 

If this is the first time you are hearing anything about Shakeology and want to know what the big deal is you can check this video out below. 


                        

Here is my explanation on Shakeology. 

Back in July of 2012 I remember hearing about Shakeology and thinking what is the deal with this Shake!? Why is it so expensive!?! I didn't think a little ol' shake could make a difference in my life. I was sluggish each and every day and barley had enough energy to take care of my 2 girls. 

That's what I USE to think. I finally decided that I would give it a try to see what the hype was all about. THANK GOODNESS I DID!! 

First off - I spend way less on healthy foods. Sure you don't HAVE to have Shakeology to feel great and loose weight but it's NICE to have. You have one portable meal, that has all the nutrients you need, and is CHEAP compared to what a healthy meal would cost. 

I'm a busy Mommy that has errands to run. a business owner, a military wife, and am active in my church. I don't have time sometimes to slave away at the kitchen and make my lunches. 

Many times I don't have tome to even eat. Before hand I would of just not eaten and left the house hungry if I didn't have time. Now I can fill up a shaker cup with some water and Ice and shake .. and BOOM breakfast is ready or I can grab the blender and blend up a yummy (what taste like dessert) Shake and run out the door. It's not a protein shake it's a complete MEAL!! It has the prefect portion and carb to protein ratio. It's the perfect meal and balance of everything you need. Easy Peasy and I don't even have to think about it. 

I no longer crave sweets or junk like I use to. I also have been able to completely get off energy drinks and coffee. I don't have that shaky crazy energy that I get from energy drinks any more but a RESTED energy with Shakeology. I can think clear and make better decisions. I don't crash and I just feel great. 

It's only $4 a Shake and it's worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!! I no longer put my money towards frivolous things - I invest my money in my health and in my families health. You have NO idea how good you are suppose to feel until you feel GOOD. I can't go back to feeling like crap every day. 

Do you want more details on Shakeology and your options to get your health and fitness on track!?!? You can Contact Me Here!!



No comments :

Post a Comment