.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Girls Night In - Clean & Healthy Party Treats




I hosted a party a few days ago and invited everyone over to my house for some healthy snacks, a taste of the new vanilla Shakeology, and we viewed the newest beachbody program from Shaun T, T-25


I wanted to make the party a little extra special so we enjoyed vanilla Shakeology in a wine glasses and I made up some homemade hummus and no bake shakeology balls. It was so fun and I loved that we were able to enjoy each others company instead of indulging on a bunch of greasy and heavy snacks that would leave us feeling bloated and sluggish.


The girls raved over these yummy treats I made so I wanted to share the recipes with each of you.

I wish i would have taken more pictures at the party but I was running around like a crazy lady getting everything ready and now I could just kick myself because I loved that I made our Shakeology in wine glasses and dressed them with a strawberry. It made things fun!


The first thing I made were some Shakeology No Bake Cookies

I made 24 and they were GONE! They were so good and they would be amazing to keep around when you have a mean chocolate and peanut butter craving or just need a quick healthy snack.


 1 cup Chcolate Shakeokogy
1 cup of all natural peanut butter
1 cup of quick cook oats 
1/3 cup of honey 

Makes 24 small balls or 12 larger.

Mix all together and roll into balls. Place on a sheet of wax paper and store them in the fridge. I think they taste best cold!!!

Your kids will never know they are getting their fruits and veggies these! Yum! All natural, non GMO, and nothing fake!! 


YUMMMMM!! These are seriously amazing ... TRY THEM! 

Need a bag of shakeology head on over .... ----> HERE 


The next snack I made was some homemade Garlic Hummus. 


This was a huge hit and everyone was raving and asking me for the recipe! It's so simple you can make this up in minutes and bring it with you to parties, make it for a girls night in or just make it for yourself. One of my favorite after noon snacks is hummus and baby carrots. 


1 can of chickpeas
1/2 cup of olive oil
Toss in some minced garlic
and spoonful of creamy pb or Tahini ( I never have tahini so i just use peanut butter .. IT WORKS ) 


Blend or Food process until smooth

BAM! I threw in some pepper & salt and topped it with some crushed pepper

You could even add in a red pepper to change it up a bit. I even thought about adding in an avocado!! 

Cut up some fresh veggies and enjoy! I served this dish with baby carrots and chopped Zucchini. 

You can make parties fun and still remain healthy!!! I hope you enjoy these recipes!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment