.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Slow Cooker Vegetable Chili



I've been looking for a good vegetarian chili that I could enjoy with the family and I think I may have found it. My Mother-in-Law is all about the vegetarian eating, like myself, so we decided on making a big batch of chili packed with beans. I came across this recipe and am thrilled to toss it in the crock pot tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it tastes but so far it looks like a winner. I know the whole family is just going to enjoy it. It's been unusually chilly in Hawaii. Today was FREEZING up in the north. When I saw freezing I mean in the 60's .. ha ha ha !! :) I hope you enjoy this as much as I'm sure we will.


Serves 2-4

Ingredients:
3 cups of zucchini
1 15oz can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
1 14oz can of unsalted diced tomatoes
1 cup of diced onion
1 cup diced bell pepper
3/4 cup diced carrots
1 jalapeƱo pepper minced
2 stalks of celery diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

I think we may add some corn to our chili and possibly some black beans. Make it your own but use this as your base recipe.

Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment