.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Garlic Veggie Stir-Fry


I am currently on week 3 of The Ultimate Reset and I am finding some TASTY ways to make veggies. I'm loving it and have found the vegan clean eating recipes GOLD MINE!! These recipes are truly amazing and I want to share some of them with you so that you can find new was to enjoy vegetables.  You don't have to load them up with buttery and creamy sauces for them to taste good. Finding the right seasonings is key and I'm here to tell you .. you may find yourself LOVING Veggies!! I know I have! 


This recipe makes a dish for one but if you would like to double it that would be great. I found that I couldn't eat the full amount with the sweet potato.

1/2 small head broccoli. cut in to bite florets
1 carrot, cut in thin diagonal slices
1/2 medium zucchini, cut in chunky half-moons
1/4 red bell pepper, cut 1-inch strips
I also added in 1/4 of an onion
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. water (I used organic low sodium vegetable broth)
Juice of 1/2 small lemon
1 or 2 cloves garlic, crushed (or more, to taste)
1 1/2 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos or you can use light soy sauce.

Heat Oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add garlic and stir 15 to 20 seconds. Add carrots and broccoli. Stir frequently for 1 minute. Add water (I used Vegetable Broth) and cover for 1 minute. Uncover and add zucchini and bell pepper.
Cook, stirring, for a few minutes until almost tender.
Add lemon juice and aminos (or light soy sauce) and remove from heat. veggies should be cooked but still crisp.


This recipe called for a baked sweet potato. This was the BEST sweet potato I've ever had!!

Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.

Rince and poke holes in your sweet potato with a fork. Put in the middle rack of the oven on baking sheet for 45 mins. Once you remove it - slice it down the middle and drizzle a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. DELISH!! You can also serve this dish with brown rice or quinoa.

No comments :

Post a Comment