.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Keeping it CLEAN and staying on track over the weekends to reach YOUR GOALS!




Let's face it .. the Weekends can be SO hard to stay on track. There are parties, get togethers with friends, dining out with family, ECT. The list goes on. Here's the break down to help you realize that the weekends DO matter and when you decide to let it all go at the end of the week, the calories can add up and sabotage your weight loss goals.

1 pound = 3,500 Calories!!

The average person consumes 115 extra calories ever day of the weekend.

Friday night out with friends - Extra 115 calories consumed
Saturday night out on the town with some glasses of wine - Extra 115 calories consumed
Sunday- brunch with the family - Extra 115 calories consumed.

That's 345 extra calories consumed each week. If you continue down this path you will gain 1 pound every 10 weeks.

That's 6 lbs a year. It may sound like only a few pounds but after a couple of years it will add up.




Here are some tips to keep you on track and working towards your goals. It's hard to loose sight of what you really want. Keep it in focus and remember your WHY! 

1. Set small goals that you are able to keep and work towards daily. Every day is a new DAY to get it right. I say this all the time because it's true. If you stop looking at the big picture and how far you have to go and instead look at each day as another day to get it perfect - before you know it all those perfect days will add up to reaching your ultimate goal. 
Set a goal of drinking enough water each day. Divide your weight in half and that is how many ounces you should be drinking daily. I aim to drink 64oz each day. 
Aim to eat 5-6 small meals. 

2. Get rid of the JUNK over processed CRAP you feed your body. It's so hard with all the junk that is around us - Don't you know that it's Killing us SLOWLY! Some faster than others. Say no to the fast food and pack your own snacks. It's okay to enjoy a cheat meal once a week but don't over do it. Plan it and move on. Focus on how food makes you feel after you are done. Think of how good and
energetic you feel when you eat good clean whole foods.

3. Keep track of all the food you are eating. My favorite app to use is My Fitness Pal. You can log in everything that you eat, determine how many calories you need to eat to loose X amount of weight, and show you what changes you need ot make to stay on track. LOVE! Highly recommended.

4. When you get bored of the same ol' healthy meals.. Look for something new! I love getting new and yummy recipes from the eat clean cook books, clean eating magazine, and oxygen. All great sources. Another great website is www.thegraciouspantry.com. Changing it up will make it more fun for you and allow you to enjoy good clean meals with out the guilt.

Here are my tips on how I create a meal plan:


5. Hold your self accountable to a friend!!! This is why I LOVE my being in a challenge group with others. They hold me accountable and keep me on track. When I am about to cheat I go online and post in my group or text one of my girlfriends and they quickly motivate me to make the best decision. It's important to have this kind of support. This is something I can offer you and would love to help you with. E-mail me to join the next challenge group or even join my free general support group. You can make a free account HERE <-------- I would love to be there to help you stay accountable and on track!

6. Pack your snacks and bring them with you!!! I bought a cute small cooler bag that I take around with me everywhere. If I don't want to carry a cooler around I pack easy snacks that don't require to be kept cold. My favorites to stuff in my purse are an apple and a 100 calorie pack of almonds, a Shakeology single packet for on the go, and a banana. EASY PEASY!!

7. PRE EAT!!! If you know that you are going to a party that is going to have a ton of un healthy choices - Pre eat something! Maybe have a bit here and there but don't loose it all. If you eat before you won't be as hungry and it will be easier to pass up. If you planned to have your one cheat meal for that week at the part - Enjoy! But don't over do it. Possibly bring a dish to share. This way you can control what you are eating and have a healthy option available. Some great ideas are a veggie and hummus tray and a big salad. Both excellent choices that others will enjoy and keep you on track.

8. Look over the menu before heading out to a restaurant. It's so much easier to stay on track if you look over the menu and decide before even going out. I know that if I have a chance to look over the menu, I am more likely to make a bad choice. It's better to make your mind up and stick to it. Don't even open the menu. It's not worth it. Keep your goals in front of you and even keep a picture on your phone if needed. Each day that you stay on track... it gets EASIER and it will become second nature to you. You will learn to enjoy that once free or cheat meal a week and move on!

9. PLEASE do not be one of those people that screws up in the week and then decides the WHOLE week Is down the drain and you have to wait till MONDAY again! It's not true!! So you had one little slip-up. OH WELL! It's going to happen. Pick yourself up and keep going! This is where most people get stuck .. BUT NOT YOU! You can do this and just because you cheated doesn't mean it's OVER! Start over fresh the second you realize you messed up.

10. Make SURE you eat ever 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism fired up!! You will burn more calories  and keep your body running like a lean mean calorie burning machine! Be sure to pair each meal up with a Protein and complex carb such as APPLE - COMPLEX CARB ... ALMONDS - PROTEIN!


We all have bumps in the road and days where we really don't feel like eating healthy!!! I like to follow the clean eating principals 80% of the time. I know that i'm not perfect and no one really is but if you really push toward your goals of living a more healthy and fit life .. it will happen! It will all fall into place. I know it's hard to do it alone and I'm here to help you! STAY MOTIVATED! Fight for what you want!! Together we can DO this!! 

Stay motivated and keep going for your goals!! I promise it's WORTH IT! 


No comments :

Post a Comment