.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Clean Eating & Menu Planning Continued



I sat down Sunday and created my meal plan for the week and I wanted to share it with you so that you could get a better idea of how my weeks look and how I stay on track with clan eating. As I stated before Sunday's are my prep day. I sit down plan out my week, workouts, and meals. I write them all down in a table and then I grocery shop. I get everything I need for the week so there are no excuses. I have a fridge full of clean eats and won't be left having to eat whatever is left. This is the only way I have found that I can be successful. I know it will work for you too. Previously, I never planned out my week. I would just buy things and then plan each day. I found myself grabbing for more the snacks instead of real food. It was hindering me and I needed to find a fix fast. I read up on The Clean Eat Diet and decided that Sunday would always be my prep day and I would also have a cooler with me everywhere I go.

My first tip to you is to BUY A COOLER! Take it with you everywhere. If you know you are going to be out for a few hours pack your snacks and bring plenty of water. You don't want to be left starving and with out any food. This causes you to totally loose focus of your goals and just run to the nearest fast food joint. I've been there. I get MEAN when I'm hungry and I just want food! I've been there and I want to help you and give you some tips so that you aren't in that positions to make unhealthy choices out of hunger. If you follow The Clean Eat Diet you should NEVER be hungry. In fact, you should feel like you are eating too much. When you eat more quality food you can have a lot more of it.


Once you get the hang of clean eating it really will be second nature to you. I eat clean not only to loose weight but because I feel better. A lot of the foods that we eat today contain so many different chemicals and toxins it's crazy. Look at the label of some of the things you eat and you will see it for yourself. Then write down some of the things it contains and look it up. You will be shocked what we are filling our body with.
I want to help you see that eating clean doesn't have to be hard, time consuming, or expensive. In fact I save money now. I don't buy extra junk that I use to and planning out my meals has really helped me cut down on grocery costs. If you use Sunday to prep any meals for the week you will be ready to go and it's quick and easy to just grab your meal.


All of these recipes can be found in my blog. I'm still new to the whole blog thing and I'm working on it everyday but I'm trying to provide everyone with as much information as I can. I haven't figured out how to link everything and put everything into folders but I will eventually. It's a work in progress.
Anyways, I want to include a grocery list for you to make things even easier. Follow this exact same plan and you will be right on track with eating clean.

Grocery List -

Produce:
7 Apples
   Bananas  
Bag of Baby Carrots
A Bundle Asparagus
Mushrooms
Green Onion
3 Brown Onions
1 Red Pepper
Minced Garlic
Bean Sprouts  
Baby Spinach


Fresh Herbs -
Oregano
Basil
Parsley
2 Avocados

Meat-
Chicken breast (Depending on how many you are feeding...
Needed for Fajitas, Stir fry, BBQ Chicken, & Crock Pot Ziti)
Ground Turkey
Uncooked Shrimp (Stir fry)

Dairy-
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Shakeology)
2 Cups of Skim/2% Cottage Cheese
 Cups Skim/ 2% Mozzarella Cheese(2 Cups for Ziti, some needed for Turkey Meatball Pita)
Original Hummus
Carton of all egg white beaters
Greek Yogurt

Grains/Carbs
Brown Rice
Whole Wheat Penne Shells
Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
Whole Wheat Pita
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Sauce/Seasonings
Black Beans

Jar of Clean Marinara. Look for one with the least ingredients. I got Newman's Own.
Lime Juice
Sesame Oil
Little container of Orange Juice
Fajita Seasoning
Clean BBQ Sauce. Look for the one with the least amount of sugar.
Balsamic Vinegar
100 Cal Pack of Guacamole
Slivered Almonds




If you have any questions on how to form a Meal Plan that will work for you ... Contact me. I'm here to help!







No comments :

Post a Comment