.

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Ultimate Reset the End of Week One!


Day 5, 6, & 7 of the ultimate reset happened so fast and I really ate almost all the same foods towards the end of the week. I learned what I loved and what I didn't love and took some of the recipes I had left overs with and ate that. I have been so amazed with how easy it is to stick to this plan. Towards the end of the week I have been craving sugar MORE instead of LESS. It just goes to show you how much of an addiction your body can have to sugar. It's almost all I think about but I know in time this will go away. So i'm staying focused and I finished the week Strong!! At the end of week 1, I am down 7lbs. Still feeling a bit tired but I really think that is my own fault. Too many late nights. This next week I need to focus on myself and get to bed at a decent hour. I really want to take in the full effects of this process and sleep is one of them as well as personal development and becoming more in tune with yourself. I'm enjoying all the food and I'm not missing meat at all really! I could totally live this lifestyle from now on and plan to carry these teachings and recipes in my everyday life after the reset. It's been a life changer for sure. I enjoy what I eat now and look to every meal for nourishment to my body. I eat because i'm hungry not because I want to fill a void. Yes, it hasn't been easy this week but It's really helped to have such a great support system along this journey with me. Loosing 7lbs is a good motivator too. The food has been excellent and that has really kept me going.

Day 5 went something like this ....

I woke up well rested and came down stairs with my girls and took my supplements right away. You have to take your supplements 30 mins before eating and i'll tell you this has been the hardest for me. You really have to think ahead and plan each day just right because you have a lot of stuff you have to take and it's all timed out. It's helped keep me organized, that's for sure. Something I need to work on.
I got my girls breakfast ready and chugged water. 30 minutes later I had my breakfast ready. This has been my FAVORITE breakfast and I will continue this after the Reset. I had the same thing all week long because I was IN LOVE!! The fruit was so sweet and the yogurt was so creamy. A big bowl of fresh fruit, all natural yogurt with a drizzle of honey, and a piece of whole wheat toast really hit the spot and I enjoyed every bite.


After breakfast, I got the girls cleaned up and dressed and we went and played with their toys and with our puppy. Before I knew it It was time to put my little one down for a nap, take my supplements, and get my lunch ready. Lunch was GREAT! I had never tried Quinoa before and now that I have tried it I will never go back to just plain ol' brown rice. It was GREAT and so much better for you. It's packed with tons of protein. Lunch called for a quinoa salad with tomatoes and olives. AHHHH, that wasn't for me ... So i stuck with plain ol' quinoa with a drizzle of EVOO and some Herbs. It was Awesome. I'm a plain gal. I paired it with some chopped carrots and hummus. You were allowed to mix the veggies up but i'm a fan of carrots so I stuck with that. I know ... I'm Plain but it's what kept me going and on track.

My daughter woke up about an hour after lunch and it was time to get the girls lunch ready and more play time and movie time. I can't get enough of spending time with my girls. They are my world and I love being their Mommy!

I didn't even take a picture of dinner because it was the same ol' same ol' as I had all week long. Black Beans and Rice  on a corn tortilla with avocados, fresh corn, and salsa with a side of steamed spinach. A new favorite of mine for sure. I went to bed early that night and got a good night sleep, so I could be recharged for the next day.

Day 6 - Was EXACTLY the same as Day 7. Played with my girls and had the same Breakfast and Lunch but dinner was different and it was AWESOME!!! I wish I had this meal all week. It is another new recipe to add in the mix!! Creamy Zucchini and Cashew Soup and Roasted Root Melody It was simply amazing. All I have to say is this Reset does NOT SUCK! The food has been out of this WORLD!


Day 6 was a success and I laid my head down at night full and happy with what I have accomplished so far. It was a lot of work fixing and preparing all the meals but I believe it was well worth it and If you are pressed on time you can always pre prep a few of the meals and trade them out through out the week.

Day 7 - I was hoping to wake up fully recharged but NOPE, not yet. I had a slight headache and had a day full of UNPACKING! BOOO! My least favorite thing to do. It kept me busy and active though so i'm thank for for that. I was happy to step on the scale and see that I had lost 7 whole pounds. I have not seen this kind of weight loss in a LONG TIME. The scale hasn't been budging in about 3 months and I was getting so frustrated with it. I really think that this is just what my body needed to kick things back in gear and break some dirty little eating habits I had picked up.

Breakfast was my fav - all natural yogurt, drizzle of honey, bowl of fresh fruit, and a piece of whole wheat toast. I enjoyed breakfast on the porch with my two beautiful girls while they played. I breathed in the fresh Hawaiian air and just enjoyed my meal. It was just what I needed to kick the headache and feel alive.


We played for a bit more on the porch while I enjoyed the sunshine with my girls. Then after awhile we came inside and watched a movie. I made my daughter her favorite "Kop Corn" and we all sat together. Love my being a stay at home Momma. Some days I want to pull my hair out but I'll never get these years back and I'm thankful I get to spend them with them. I plan on being healthy and fit so that I can be around for a LONG time. It was nap time and time for me to get my lunch ready and unplug. Relaxation and a few coach duties to handle. It was great to have a little quite time to enjoy my food. I had the same lunch as the previous days and I even had the same dinner. I had some left over Zucchini and cashew soup and some roasted veggies that needed to be eaten before this week was up. New week starting up tomorrow and that means new menu to play with. After dinner I got my list together for the next week and headed out to the grocery store while my husband put the girls to bed. My car was just delivered to Hawaii, and I was ready to do some grocery shopping on my own and in peace.


BRING ON WEEK 2!! GOING ALL VEGAN!! 
I'm ready for the challenges ahead and loving how my body and mind is changing each day. 

No comments :

Post a Comment