.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

On-the-go Smoothie!

So many people ask me, "What is a quick to go meal to stave off my hunger and possible binge eating?"  Using a good quality protein powder(Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Whey )  and a few ingredients can create a powerful nutrient rich and protein packed smoothy to keep you satisfied and healthy.  I always fall back on this recipe when I'm either in a hurry or don't know what to eat!

Protein Smoothie
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries.  I use whatever is in my fridge.  When my fruit starts to go bad, I put it in ziplok baggies and freeze it!  I never waste my fruit.  If your bananas start to go bad, peel them, cut them in half and freeze!
  • 1 cup unflavored rice milk, or almond milk/skim milk
  • 2 TBSP flaxseed
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • A handful of spinach - great way to sneak in some veggies because you don't even taste it. 

Blend all ingredients and drink!

You can go and buy the mini blender from Target that is about $12-15 and has a cup already attached.  It's quiet and you can take it to work or stash in your bag when you travel!  You will never be without a quick meal again! 

No comments :

Post a Comment