.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 1 & 2 of the Ultimate Reset.

Day 1 - Phase 1 - Reclaim 

I have now completed 2 days of the Beachbody Ultimate Rest. I am absouloutly LOVING it so far. I feel so empowered to control my cravings and know that I can accomplish this. I'll admit, I was a bit nervous to start. Like I normally do with everything in my life,  I kind of jumped on board on an impulse decision. We had a group forming on my team and a lot of the people I work closely with were doing it. I wasn't sure it was for me at first and then saw that my sponsor Melanie Mitro was doing it ... So i quickly purchased it with out even know everything about it. I'm not the type of person that can do Detox diets or a big Cleanse.  I just NEVER do well with them. I LOVE food. However, I knew this time would be different because we get to eat FOOD!!! What I've tasted so far is delicious and amazing tasting food. You aren't allowed to have Caffeine while doing the Reset, so most people experience headaches when starting. Thankfully, I was able to get off caffeine a month prior and have felt great since being on the reset. I have felt a bit tired from the lack of food but other then that it's gone great. 

The most Important thing I've learned about myself is that I eat way to much EXTRA JUNK through out the day that I just don't need. There were many times when I was making my kids food, that I thought to myself "I would of normally taken a bite of this". I have been more conscious with my food choices and more aware of the extra's I was having that I just really didn't need. I eat a pretty healthy diet already so the food hasn't bothered me and I haven't really had too many cravings. Of course I would love to have my chocolate shakeology right now. I'm really missing that but other then wanting something sweet, I have been good. It is only Day 2, so this may get more difficult but I'm sticking to it and nothing is stopping me from conquering this and proving to myself and my team that I can do this. 

I know that this reset is exactly what I need - I have been cheating way too much during the week and not sticking completely to my meal plan. So I'm ready to clean it up and feel better inside and out. 

I took a pictures of each meal that I ate and was part of the plan set out for us. The reset comes with a cook book and sets the whole 21 days up for you. It gives you the recipes and pictures of what you are going to be eating each day. It's a no brainer. All you have to do is take your supplements when it tells you to and cook your meals. 

Here is a list of all the supplements you have to take during Phase 1. 


Day 1 - I was running out the door to attend Super Saturday so I made a quick Tropical  Strawberry Vegan Shakeology


Lunch was my favorite - I was VERY nervous about having salads for lunch almost everyday because I'm just not a salad person AT ALL. I will eat salads but they just aren't my fav. However, the homemade dressings you make are OUT OF THIS WORLD. I made the Creamy Garlic Dressing and it was amazing. I'll be using this recipe from now on. The toasted cashews on top were amazing. I could eat this ever day and be totally find with it. 


2 hours later it was time for the part I had been dreading The Alkalinize supplement. I had heard it was Very Nasty. However, once I swigged it down (holding my nose) ... It honestly wasn't that bad. Tasted like Grass Water. Alkalinize helps bring your body back to a healthy pH balance. It helps neutralize excess acid, improving alkalinity and supporting your immune system.  


I took a 2 hour nap because I was a bit tired and when I woke up I forgot where I was. I havn't been getting enough sleep lately and one of the great things about the reset is you sleep amazing. I had the most deep sleep and it felt great. 
 I had a green apple as a snack because I wasn't quite done cooking dinner and it took a bit longer then I expected. It was good and kept me full till dinner time. I took my supplements. After taking them you have to wait 30 mins before eating so as I was finishing dinner I took them quickly. Dinner was GREAT! The whole family sat down and ate together. 


Dinner was Baked Salmon with an amazing marinade, Boiled baby potatoes, and steamed asparagus with lemon. It was so good. 

I went to bed at 11: 30 that night and slept until 10am. It felt great to sleep in and give my body the rest it needed. I woke up ready to take on the day. 

DAY 2 : 

I got up fixed my kids breakfast and then made my Old Fashion Oats with blueberries and a side of Organic plan yogurt with a drizzle of honey. I mixed the yogurt and oats together to sweeten the oats up. It definitely fixed my sweet tooth. I enjoyed it and it was very filling. 




After breakfast I did some dishes and then played with my kids. I felt great and well rested. We watched movies and played with our puppy Mia. After a few hours it was time to take my supplements before prepping lunch. I was getting a big foggy and sluggish at this point and the meal plan was set for a Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken but I just wasn't in the mood to grill some chicken up so I had the same salad as yesterday. It was good and I loved it .. Plus it was quick - Which is what I was aiming for. I fixed my kids lunch and made my salad quickly. 


After lunch I put the kids down for a nap and I relaxed on the couch while getting things ready for my challenge group that was starting the next day. I drank some water and felt a bit better. My muscles were cramping a bit and have been though out this process but I know that is only the toxins leaving my body. All the toxins I had built up for years were leaving ..... 

Dinner looked so good and I couldn't wait for this. I am a Mexican food lover. Dinner was Black beans, brown rice, guacamole, corn, and salsa in a corn tortilla with a side of steamed kale topped with lemon and pine nuts. It was another meal the whole family loved. 

So far the reset has been great and I am so happy that I decided to do this. I know that the my journey won't always be easy but I know it's going to be worth it. I'm going to come out feeling amazing, have my cravings under control, and less foggy brained. 

Bring on Day 3!! 

The Ultimate Reset was designed to bring your body back to it's "factory settings" in just 21 days. It consists of clean eating, cooking classes, very limited exercise, daily supplements, and support you need to get you through it. The goal of the Ultimate Reset is not to lose a lot of weight quickly, but that is often a side effect of doing the program as your body will eliminate a lot of toxins including those form water weight and your digestive tract. The ultimate Rest is not designed to keep you by the toilet all day. It is only cleaning out your body normally and getting rid of all the crap food you have eaten in the past. Food has toxins in it our body holds on to. This is getting rid of the junk and giving you your body back the way it was meant to be and run.

If you are tired, Sluggish, have been feeling sick or rundown, having trouble with your digestion, or have a hard time loosing weight - The Ultimate Rest May be for you


No comments :

Post a Comment